Making a Non-Dairy Banana Shake
With this recipe, I have created a simple banana shake with a luxuriously creamy texture without using dairy. The nutty flavor of almond milk compliments the bananas beautifully. By using two bananas, you not only get the creamy texture, you also get enough banana flavor to come through. The dash of nutmeg ties all the flavors together. Because bananas are one of the healthiest foods you can eat, this easy shake is great for a quick energy boost.
- 1 cup (250ml) Almond Milk, unsweetened
- 2 Bananas
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix on medium speed until smooth, about 30 seconds.
How To Not Screw It Up
C’mon. It doesn’t get any easier than this, right? Well, that’s what I thought, but as I was trying to work out the proper ratios on this recipe, I did encounter several hurdles that I’ll makes sure you don’t repeat.
- Break the banana into several pieces when you put it into the blender. Putting it in whole can result in chunks of banana in your shake instead of a smooth, banana-flavored shake.
- Use very ripe bananas (i.e. the ones with lots of brown). They’re the sweetest and add the most banana flavor. In fact, I’ve found this recipe to be a great way to use up the over-ripe bananas that I wouldn’t otherwise eat.
- Don’t overdo the nutmeg. One eigth of a teaspoon may sounds like too little, but trust me, it’s plenty. Too much will easily overpower the banana flavor rather than compliment it.
|Nutrition Facts: Non-Dairy Banana Shake|
|Serving size: 12 oz|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 56 g||19%|
|Sugar 28 g|
|Fiber 6 g||24%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|