This is a simple and refreshing summer beverages. Unlike most lime- or lemonade recipes, this one uses the whole lime–peel and all. This way, you don’t have to get a workout just trying to juice the limes. Plus, blending the peels along with the pulp and juice adds an earthy flavor and complexity that makes it outstanding. Easier and tastes better? Now, that’s refreshing.
The recipe here fills two 14-oz glasses without ice cubes.
- 2 limes
- 8 cups of water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Cut the limes into quarters.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and liquify until smooth.
- Pour through a strainer into tall glasses. Serve.
How Not To Screw It Up
- The straining is important. Don’t get lazy or you will be drinking more pulp than even pulp-loving drinkers can stand. The peel was left on the lime for flavor…not texture.
- Otherwise, if you invent a way to screw this up, don’t even bother telling me. Just leave your kitchen and never return.