This beautiful spice rub is an aromatic way to season pork or chicken. The recipe below makes enough spice rub for about 10-12 pork chops or chicken breasts. It can easily be made ahead and will keep well for several months at room temperature in an air-tight container.
- 1/4 cup whole fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup whole coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp whole cumin seeds
- 2 tsp whole cardamom seeds
- 2 tsp whole cloves
- Heat a large suate pan over medium heat. Add all of the ingredients and roast over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until you can smell their fragrance.
- Once cool, combine in a clean coffee grinder and finely grind.
- To use, season pork or chicken and let rest for 30 minutes up to 4 hours and roast or sauté your pork or chicken.