The milkshake is always thought of as an item of American cuisine. The fact of the matter is that many cuisine types have their own version. In this case, the Mango Lassi is the refreshing Indian mango milkshake. Personally, think it’s yummier than the typical American milksake, and certainly better for you. The recipe below will make a moderate serving for two people.
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh or frozen mango
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/4 teaspoons rose water
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- In a blender, combine the mango, orange juice, water, honey, and rose water. Process on high speed until well-combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add the yogurt and process until frothy, about 45 seconds.
How Not to Screw It Up
- Don’t cheap out on me and leave out the rose water. It’s the essential ingredient that will give the Mango Lassi a fragrent edge. It’s well worth it.