This luscious chocolate almond shake is a delicious source of protein. The ground almonds and hemp seeds provide the frothy base that is packed with protein–both are among the most complete sources of protein among plants. Sweetness in the shake is accomplished with the dates (and honey for those who desire additional sweetness).
- 1/2 cup almonds, soaked for 6-8 hours
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 3 cups coconut water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- honey to taste (optional)
- Add all ingrediens to a blender and liquify.
How to Not Screw It Up
- Soaking the almond in advance softens their texture and ensures that they blend smoothly into the shake. Skipping this step does compromise the texture of the final shake.
- If you desire additional sweetness, you can either add a few more dates or 1 tablespoon of honey.
- This shake is best when served chilled. The best way to do this is to make sure the coconut water is cold when you add it to the shake.