This is a healthy and delicious alternative to peanut butter. Many commercial peanut butters contain chemicals and compounds other than the basic peanuts and oil, and most contain added sugar. Plus, I find the combination of the cashews, walnut oil, and honey to be more flavorful than peanut butter.
- 2 cups of unsalted cashews
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- Grind the cashews in a food processor for several minutes until they are finely ground.
- Place the two tablespoons of honey in the microwave on high for 15 seconds.
- Add the honey to the oil and mix.
- Add the honey/oil mixture and salt to the cashews in the food process and blend until smooth, about 15-30 seconds.
How Not To Screw It Up
- Not microwaving the honey isn’t going to screw up the cashew butter. However, it makes the honey a lot easier to work with and more likely that you get the full 2 tablespoons into the mixture rather than leaving a lot of it behind on a spoon.
If you come up with other ways, leave a comment below. I’m always happy to add more tips.