This delightful summer salad draws its flavors from the salt and lime and its contrasting mix of texture from the crunchy radish and creamy avocado. It is an excellent salad in its own right. However, with a finer chop of the radish and a mash of the avocado, it can be adapted into a chunky guacamole for an excellent addition to any taco or burrito.
- 1 bunch of radishes, trimmed of stems and roots
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Half the radishes and slice into 1/4″ half-moon shapes.
- Chop the avocado into 1″ cubes.
- In a non-reactive bowl, combine all ingredients and serve immediately.
How to Not Screw It Up
- Really? This one is pretty simple.
- Seems that it’s not SO simple. Avocados turn brown in the presence of oxygen. However, the acid of the lime juice prevents that happening. As soon as you chop the avocado, make sure to combine all of the ingredients (especially that lime juice) right away. And, no, it doesn’t really refrigerate well for next day consumption. That lime juice will only hold off the browning of the avocado for so long…i.e. the length of your dinner, not overnight.